Who is it for
Miniroos is designed for boys and girls between the ages of U06 and U11. Teams are formed that can be mixture of boys and girls or for girls, depending upon numbers, there is an option to play in a girls only team.
What is the Format
Miniroos is a fun, non-competitive introduction to soccer where the emphasis is on involvement and as many touches on the ball as possible. Children are organised into teams and play home and away games against other clubs. Different age groups play with varying numbers on the field with unlimited substitutions:-
- U06 – typically 6 players in the team playing 4 v 4 with 15 minutes per half
- U07 – typically 6 players in the team playing 4 v 4 with 15 minutes per half
- U08 – typically 9/10 players on the team playing 7 v 7 with 20 minutes per half
- U09 – typically 9/10 players on the team playing 7 v 7 with 20 minutes per half
- U10 – typically 11/12 players on a team playing 9 v 9 with 25 minutes per half
- U11 – typically 11/12 players on a team playing 9 v 9 with 25 minutes per half
Dates & Venues
Miniroos games are played on a Saturday morning commencing on 25th March 2017 and running for 18 weeks (weather permitting) with a break for Easter weekend on 15th April but no other breaks during school holidays
Games are played on a home and away basis with home games played at Buckle Reserve, Menai or Casuarina Oval, Alfords Point. Away games are played throughout the Sutherland Shire.
The season concludes on Saturday 29th July 2017 with a gala presentation day.
For teams in the U11 age group, our association runs an end of season gala series tournament on Saturday 5th and Saturday 12th August.
Most teams train once per week on a weekday evening. The day, timing and location of this training is mutually agreed between the parents and Coach once the team is formed.
How do I Register
To register head to www.myfootballclub.com.au and select ‘register now’ then ‘player registration’ and follow the instructions. If you don’t already have one you will need to create an FFA number and then complete the registration selecting ‘Menai Hawks’ as the club and the relevant age group as the registration package. You can also pay the registration fee via credit card at this site. New players who are U10 or older as well as any existing U10 player will also need to upload a head and shoulders ‘passport-style’ photo during the registration process
If you are new to playing football in the Sutherland Shire you will also need to provide us with the following documentation to finalise your registration:-
- Proof of age – birth certificate or passport
- Proof of residency in Sutherland Shire – parent’s driver’s licence, rates bill, tenancy agreement or bank statement showing name and home address in the Sutherland Shire. Please note that address change stickers on the back of driver’s licences are not acceptable
Note documents need to be originals and need to be physically shown to us in person. This can be done by attending any of the following registration assistance days at Buckle Reserve:-
- Saturday 21st January 2017 10:00 – 16:00
- Sunday 22nd January 2017 10:00 – 16:00
- Tuesday 24th January 2017 18:00 – 21:00
- Saturday 28th January 2017 10:00 – 16:00
- Sunday 29th January 2017 10:00 – 16:00
If you have missed these dates please contact Alan Phillips on 0408 271 668 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative viewing.
What is the registration fee and what does it include
Fees for 2017 are as follows:-
- U06 $145
- U07 $145
- U08 $160
- U09 $160
- U10 $175
- U11 $175
Please bear in mind that included in your 2017 fees are:-
- All FFA, FNSW and SSFA registration fees
- Insurance coverage
- Referee fees and match costs
- Ground upkeep, pitch watering and lighting costs
- Equipment and specialised training costs
- The loan of a Menai Hawks playing jersey for the season - we are one of the few remaining clubs that don’t require you to buy your own shirt in addition to your registration fees!
- A $25 fundraising levy - we once again will not be asking you to work in the canteen or on the bbq this season
Prior to the season starting we hold a grading day and all players are requested to attend.
The ideal objective is to place children into a team with players at a similar skill level to themselves.
Players in U06 to U09 age groups are able to either play in a team of friends or be graded and placed into an appropriate team relative to their skill level.
All players U10 and older are required to grade to be placed into a team appropriate to their skill level.
The grading days are held at Buckle Reserve, Menai as follows:-
- U06/W06 13:00 – 14:00 Saturday 4th February 2017
- U07/W07 14:00 – 15:00 Saturday 4th February 2017
- U08/W08 15:00 – 16:00 Saturday 4th February 2017
- U09/W09 16:00 – 17:00 Saturday 4th February 2017
- U10/W10 09:00 – 10:00 Sunday 5th February 2017
- U11/W11 10:00 – 11:00 Sunday 5th February 2017
All players must wear football boots and shin pads and bring a bottle of water
Is there anything new this year
Do I need to provide anything else?
Continuing from the success of last year, for teams in the U11 age group there is an additional end of season gala event organised by Sutherland Shire Football Association running from Saturday 5th August 2017
What if there is wet weather?
Each child will be required to wear soccer boots and shin pads and bring a bottle of water to both training and games. The Menai Hawks playing shirt is loaned to you for the season. For new players to the club we provide free socks and shorts. For existing players replacement socks and shorts are available for purchase from the club uniform shop
Can I get involved in any way?
Mid-week the closure of grounds for training is controlled by Sutherland Shire Council who run a weather-line service on 02 9710 0105. If the grounds are closed training is not permitted under any circumstances. On weekends the closure of grounds is controlled by our Football Association. If games are cancelled due to wet weather a notice will be placed on our website and facebook as soon as the cancellation is known
Menai Hawks is a large, community-based organisation run by volunteers. Each team has a Coach and Team Manager who are typically one of the parents of the team. If you are interested in becoming a team Coach or Manager or in helping to run our great club please contact us at email@example.com for further information. Being involved is rewarding and your input would be very welcome.
Mini Roos Contacts
Alan Phillips Club Secretary / Registrar 0408 271 668
Or alternatively contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org